Founding partner Daniel C. Hoefle has been practicing law in Portsmouth for more than 30 years.
Dan moved to the Seacoast in 1961. Hoefle received his law degree from Boston College in 1981 and spent the next three years as an assistant district attorney for the Bronx County District Attorney in New York City.
Dan returned to Portsmouth in 1984 as an associate at the Shaines & McEachern law firm. There he met another young lawyer, R. Timothy Phoenix, and in 1989 the two founded the firm that today is Hoefle, Phoenix, Gormley & Roberts, PLLC.
Dan’s practice is concentrated in business and corporate matters, real estate, and business litigation. He now represents and serves as counselor to many second and third generation family-owned businesses.
- New Hampshire
- New York
- Colby College, B.A., cum laude, 1978
- Boston College, J.D., 1981
Dan is extremely active in the community. His board involvement has included:
- Chairman of the Board and Trustee of the Foundation for Seacoast Health
- Director, Greater Piscataqua Community Foundation
- President and board member, Portsmouth Rotary Club
- President and board member, Prescott Park Arts Festival
- Chair, Rye Education Foundation capital campaign
- Trustee, Little Harbour Chapel
- Philanthropist of the Year, State of New Hampshire
- Multiple Paul Harris Fellows, Portsmouth Rotary